Followers

Thursday 8 February 2024

This is a new poem that I wrote that is called "Spring Water".

"Spring Water" A warming fires'pleasant glow, Before a time so cold, so low, As when the sting of flame on skin, Became as real as anything, A pleasant rain when heat so great, Becameas as skies without a weight, Our toil and pain, the droughts, the snow, Had come about the truth, a glow, I had not felt such perfect air, Since I had been a child so fair, She held my secret, so held deep, And then I promised, I would keep, Her close to mind and close, as love, As truth befallen, graves above, Before the stars had fell from skies, Where rainbows, doves, and raven's cry, About the love of moons and stars, The sunny light and dreams a far, From silly things as silly days, Was and shall be as all afray, As wondered calm, as wondered loss, I shall not end at any cost, To you or I or anyone, Sweet mercy held, sweet mercies won, I truly fell in love with her, In hopes of smelling pleasant myrrh.

No comments:

Post a Comment